UOIT provides both undergraduate and graduate students with an enriched and distinctive learning experience that comes from being part of a dynamic research community. At UOIT we recognize that the opportunity to take part in research and share in critical discoveries at an early stage of student development is an important aspect of the university experience.
Students at UOIT participating in research activities may have the opportunity to experience the following:
- Co-author and publish research papers;
- Participate in the UOIT Student Research Showcase and learn presentation and research poster development skills;
- Participate in scholarly conferences;
- Apply for internal/external student funding to support research endeavours; and
- Work with the Office of Technology Transfer and Commercialization (OTTC) to commercialize their intellectual property.