The Office of the Vice-President Research, Innovation & International, offers centralized services to support faculty research goals at UOIT.
The Office of Research Services (ORS) is the central co-ordination point for UOIT's research grant and contract services. Our mission is to provide the university's research community, partners and sponsors with professional, client-focused research administration through central services while meeting the requirements of research sponsors and supporting the university's strategic research plan. Services include:
- Grant facilitation and development for core faculty;
- Grant development workshops and resources;
- Pre-award management of all grants and contracts;
- Identification of potential funding support programs and initiatives;
- Secretariat support to all compliance committees including:
- Support and coordinate building of research capacity within administrative units;
- Co-ordination of undergraduate student research awards;
- Maintenance of the university's research information systems and performance data, such as research statistics for UOIT's Fact book;
- Secretariat to the university's Research Board;and
- Liaison with federal and provincial research funding agencies.
The Office of Technology Transfer and Commercialization (OTTC) at UOIT connects innovative research projects conducted at the university with business and industry. Our mission is to contribute to the university's goals of fostering economic development through the development of intellectual property and knowledge mobilization. Knowledge Mobilization consists of a broad spectrum of activates all directed at disseminating the knowledge created in an academic environment to the broader community, where it can have an impact on society
OTTC has four major components to its activities:
- Education about Intellectual property;
- Negotiating agreements and facilitating relationships with partners;
- Commercialization; and,
- Policy development and interpretation.
Within the broader area of knowledge mobilization, technology transfer and commercialization are key activities that drive traditional forms of economic development. The technology transfer activities supported by OTTC include:
- Spin-off company creation; and,
- collaborative research.
The Office of Technology Transfer and Commercialization (OTTC) helps faculty and students maximize the impact of their creative ideas and discoveries by helping to move the results of UOIT research into the marketplace. We bring many years of experience in technology licensing, industry partnerships and start-up creation, as well as diverse academic backgrounds in science and technology, to assist with turning your creativity into real commercial success. Substantial funding opportunities for technology development can also be accessed through our office.
The Office of Technology Transfer and Commercialization maintains an active network of professional contacts in areas of business development, technology commercialization and knowledge mobilization. The links below lead to organizations that play various roles in these areas.
Thematic Technology Transfer:
Agencies that support Industry/Academic collaboration and the transfer of knowledge from the academic setting to the community:
Resources to Support Entrepreneurs:
We are a service-oriented office dedicated to providing you with the best information and expertise you need to bring your invention from lab to market. If you have any questions or concerns contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our offices on the second floor of the UA building.